If you are looking to petition your fiancé(e) to join you in the United States, you must possess certain requirements.

  • Eligibility Requirements

    To file a petition for a fiancé(e) visa, you demonstrate that:

    You as the petitioner are a citizen of the United States.

    You plan to marry within 90 days from the time your fiancé(e) entered the United States.

    There are no legal impediments for you and your fiancé(e) to marry each other. Any previous marriages must have been terminated legally by divorce, death, or annulment.

    You must have met each other in person at least once within 2 years of filing your petition for K-1 visa.

    Your US immigration lawyer can still process your petition for K-1 fiancee visa even though you did not qualify for the 2 year meeting requirement.

    US immigration law provides two exceptions that require a waiver, which your US immigration lawyer can prepare for you.

  • Two Exceptions to 2 Year Meeting Rule

    1. If you can demonstrate that the 2 year meeting rule would result to extreme hardship to you.

    2. If the requirement to meet within 2 years of filing your petition would contravene any stringent and long established customs of your or your fiancee's culture and social practice.

  • US Immigration Lawyer Consultation

    It is best to seek legal advice from a professional or a US immigration lawyer who offers initial consultation. Bridgeway Immigration Consultancy, a consulting firm that has a dedicated team of American immigration lawyers based in Manila Philippines and the United States, provides initial consultation to clients in Manila and abroad.