• What is Fiancee Visa for?

    A fiancee visa is a K-1 nonimmigrant visa that allows your fiancee to come to the United States and stay for 90 days upon entry within which you should marry each other.

    Once the marriage has taken place, the American spouse may petition the foreign spouse for a Green Card or permanent residence in the United States where the latter can remain while the application is being processed through the USCIS.

  • Is my fiancee eligible to work?

    Your fiancee after admission to the US may seek permission to work by filing an Application for Employment Authorization using Form l-765 with the proper USCIS Service Center that exercises jurisdiction over your place of residence. Your US immigration lawyer based in Manila or in the US can efficiently guide you through the process.

  • How long can my fiancee work for?

    A work authorization issued based on a K-1 nonimmigrant visa shall be valid for 90 days of your fiancee's entering the United States. Your fiancee may apply to extend the work authorization simultaneously with his or her application for Green Card or permanent residence using the forms l-765 and l-485 when marriage has already taken place.

  • Fiancee Visa expiration

    The validity of k1 fiancee nonimmigrant visa lasts for 90 days without extension. If marriage has not taken place, your fiancee should leave the United States at the end of K1 visa validity, otherwise he or she will violate the US immigration law – which could result to deportation or removal. A deportation or removal proceeding could affect your fiancee's eligibility for any US immigration plan in the future.

  • Can my fiancee's children enter the US?

    You may included in your petition the names of your fiancee's children on Form l-129F if they are below 21 years of age and unmarried. A K-2 nonimmigrant visa shall be issued to the qualified children of your fiancee.

  • Consult with US Immigration Lawyer

    A simple mistake could adversely affect your fiancee's eligibility to immigrate to the United States or could delay the process. It is always advised to seek legal opinion or find a US immigration lawyer who can accommodate your needs. Bridgeway Immigration Consultancy, a consulting firm with a team of experienced American immigration lawyers in Manila Philippines and the United States, can provide you immigration consultation during your initial assessment session.

    Contact a US immigration attorney in Manila or abroad now and avoid delay in the process.